Wednesday 24 August 2011

4. My North Power

Hello, blog.

It has been a while and for that i apologize.

The evening is warm and i am finally in front of computer long enough to talk to you. I must confess, please ignore my last post, for i did not want to cause offence. I did start a new blog but it's nothing special. It's not what we have.

From when I last posted to you, a shocking 6 weeks ago, not much has changed. Apart from my attitude maybe.
I've struggled with the rejection that i guess everyone at some point in their life goes through. I went for a really important interview and for political reasons (this is tbc, as i may still be bitter) didn't get it and i suppose to a string of things that followed.

Then, i don't really know how (maybe i stopped listening to Adele) i stopped caring. Found an amazing group of guys, started talking to old friends and came up with a plan. And we all know, blog, how i like my plans to keep me in check 8-) Also, i came across one of my my favourite book quotes that just reminded me of the fun i was having when i read Republic.

"Sweet hope is in his heart
 Nurse and companion to his age
 Hope, captain of the ever-twisting
 Mind of mortal men"

I just love that quote, it just sort of puts everything into perspective to me, and puts me back into place.

Just between you and me blog, there is a major plan being thought up at the moment, one that could potentially change everything.

I just seem to have started my life up again (yay!) and i have an awesome few weeks ahead of me!

Blog, i'm moving, to Scotland! Well, i have wedding in Aberdeen, but i'm doing a tour of some cities on the way back. I get to wear a kilt, which is something, i'm told, my folks want to buy for me for graduation next year. I get to the Fringe festival in Edinburgh as well, unfortunately i'm missing out on my heart throb Josh Widdicombe :( But, i'm getting tickets to Margaret Cho instead! Also, i'm visiting a lovely little independent roastery, and i've already been given orders by Wayne, Jane and a few others to get them something nice! I don't know what it is about Scotland, i feel happier there, sort of like when i get to see Kate in Newcastle. There is a sense of freedom, and a whole new set of rules that i enjoy. It's going to be really nice to catch up with cousins as well.

Uni is finally becoming something to look forward again. It's like my masters is going to be a fresh start for me. I'm on my own, independent work, and it's something that i can just throw myself into. I'll keep you posted on my experiments :)

Well, that's all i'm going to write for now. I've met so many new people and just enjoyed myself these past couple of weeks that it's difficult to pick out what to tell you.

OH! Check out Nick Drake, i found him randomly and he is truly magnificent. Listen straight to 'Magic' first, you won't regret it.


Till later..

No comments:

Post a Comment