Thursday 15 September 2011

6. Ceremonials

Greetings blog,

As you're probably aware, the titles to my blogs have something to do with how i'm feeling or what's been going on in my life at that given moment.

Ceremonials...

I've actually got Florence + The Machine to thank for this particular title. It's the title for the upcoming album, and if it's anything like the 2 singles released it will be a smash hit. I've always like her hauntingly gospel like sound and ghostly lyrics that strike a nerve. It annoys me that people don't like her because they think she's typically alternatively folksy or whatever... she's a talented singer/song writer and deserves the recognition.

Anyway, I digress..

The point is, that her 2 new singles have really struck a chord with me at the moment.

You have What The Water Gave Me which is a clear allusion to Virginia Woolf's suicide and the painfully beautiful painting Frieda Kahlo. I guess, the whole song is about exploring death and the water being this overwhelming natural force that can either take life or revive it. It started to make me think about the overwhelming factors in my life, and if i've really let them become a burden. "Let the only sound be the overflow"... sometimes when your life is full, it can be quite peaceful to just take note of what's going on around those things, the overflow.

Then, Shake It Out.
The whole song just makes me literally want to shake out my problems, no matter how dark they are. Start a new.
"I am done with my graceless heart. So tonight, i'm going to cut it out and restart". But it's ok to look for the good in myself and yet keep the real darkness and issues to myself, because i'm only human. It's in my nature.

I think i really just understood that life is a ceremony. That life is an event, deserves to be celebrated because it is not infinite. I need to start looking more, at all of the little things and all of the big things. We were born to use our eyes, to see the wind in the long green grass, and the blue in the skies.

I'm going to try and make everything a little ceremony.  Life is only on earth, and not for long.

Till later...

No comments:

Post a Comment